Sabastian Baberowski of the Opera Desktop Team published a blog this morning explaining that the all-new Opera 15 for Mac and Windows is generally available for public consumption. There’s a two-minute promotional video that shows off the creative side of the development team. It’s nice; however, I wish it showed the browser more and people running through the woods less.
Here are the top five features:
- Speed dial lets you group content into folders
- The new Discover feature aggregates news and entertainment from around the world.
- Search leverages multiple providers for your query.
- Off Road compresses web pages so you can stay online when your network connection degrades
- Stash let’s you capture a page and retrieve it for later.
I love Opera for it’s great HTML5 and CSS3 support but haven’t used it simply because I’m more conversant with Firefox and Chrome. But I think Opera is a great browser for one reason: it’s fast and easy to use. What do you think?